I am an avid babywearer and especially love my soft structured carriers. I also love to sew and craft. I have decided to marry the two and create lots of fun goodies to go with my carriers! Because I know there are lots of you out there who are crafty like me, I've created some tutorials to help you out. Enjoy!

Monday, February 23, 2015

My Babywearing Journey

Hi Everyone! I thought that I would start out this new blog by telling you a little bit about myself. I am a babywearing mama in Northern Utah. I have two kiddos. My daughter is turning 4 in just a few weeks and my little guy just turned 1.

I wore my daughter a lot when she was little - mostly in a Moby Wrap. When she got too big for it, I thought that she just didn't really like it and mostly stopped wearing her.


I wanted to wear more with my second baby. Before he was born, I bought a Maya Wrap ring sling. I used the Moby and the Maya a lot for the first six months.

They were wonderful. Then I discovered the local babywearing group. (shout out to Babywearing SLC!) They opened my eyes to a whole new world of carriers. I checked out an Ergo from the lending library and wore my son to the zoo for the day. That was it. I was hooked. I am definitely a soft structured carrier kinda girl. It was just SO easy. I could even wear my daughter in it. I could even wear BOTH kids at the SAME TIME with it and my Maya wrap.

I then set out to find myself an Ergo of my very own. The problem is that I am a deal finder and didn't want to buy one at full price. So I waited and I looked and I couldn't pick one because I was so afraid that any of them that were on sale were fake Ergo's from China. I really didn't want to take the risk on something that would be potentially unsafe for my baby. All the while I was researching other brands of SSCs on the internet. I really loved the fun designs of Tula's. I also thought Kinderpack's were gorgeous. I wasn't sure what would be right for me. Then, by chance, I ran into a Kinderpack in the wild. I was at a burrito restaurant and a woman came in wearing fox and hedgehog duo with her babe on her back. I was literally staring! My husband was a little perturbed and I think he kind of tried to hide when I pulled out my phone to take a picture. Instead, I walked up to the woman and complimented her KP and we had a nice chat about them. I resolved at that moment that I WOULD HAVE A KP OF MY OWN!

I looked into the website and discovered when they stocked. I casually clicked onto the site after stocking to see what was offered and was surprised at how quickly they sold out. The next week, I convinced my coworkers to help me stalk the stocking and carted my very first KP, a standard/plus aqua and navy dots. I use it constantly! It's my go to carrier for the store, park, activities, fussy baby, sick baby, EVERYTHING!

I went back to my local lending library and checked out a toddler sized KP for a few weeks to try it with my daughter. It was so easy to tandem wear with two KPs.

I convinced the hubs that I needed to get another one to wear her in occasionally and to save for when the little tike is big enough. So I just recently got a toddler.plus Elemental! I am so in love with this print. The hubs is a scientist and I'm an engineer so the theme is right on par for us. I can't wait to see what comes next in our babywearing path. I'm definitely hoping it involves more kinderpacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment