We just got back from an amazingly awesome week in Disneyland. I knew before we left that I wanted to do something to customize the Kinderpack that my son would be riding in. His older sister got to dress up in all sorts of princess dresses so it's only fair that he got a costume too, right? I started with the drool pads. I used my embroidery machine to make a set of Mickey hands where my little guy's hands usually end up.
The last thing to be made was the cover. I worked on a pattern for the longest time and thought for sure that I was getting the shape all wrong. I ended up getting a pattern someone else drafted and learned that I had done great all on my own. :) I went back to my pattern and cut across the middle to make the black/red split and then added back in a seam allowance. Then I got all three panels put together and sewn to the back which is a black and white Mickey and Minnie licensed fabric. Finally, I sewed on the big yellow buttons with a layer of fusible fleece in the back to prevent them from pulling out and voila!